Skip to content
Skip to content

Disability Information

Brescia University serves many students with disabilities, ranging from physical to psychological to learning disabilities. In order to be served, the student must advocate for him or herself and provide the University with current, accurate, and reliable documentation.

Students with disabilities who are attending Brescia University and need accommodations in order to be successful in college need to provide official documentation to the Academic Dean and Office of Disability Services for academic accommodations and to the Dean of Students for non-academic accommodations.

Definition: Accommodations vs. Services

A clear distinction exists between accommodations which every university is required to provide for students with documented disabilities and services which are opportunities made available for any eligible student at the university regardless of disabilities. Examples of accommodations include extended time for testing, a quiet environment for testing, a note taker, a scribe, and other such activities which allow a student with a disability to receive the same information as a student without disabilities. Examples of services are tutoring, advising, personal counseling, and financial aid.

An IEP or 504 Plan in high school combined both accommodations and services; a college or university is only required to provide reasonable and appropriate accommodations.

Additional Resources Available:

UCTL: Ursuline Center for Teaching and Learning supports students, faculty and staff through Professional Advisement, Tutoring Services and other learning resources.

The Learning Center: Provides all students with free tutoring services.

Academic Advisement Center: Students can seek the help of a Professional Advisor. Areas that a professional Advisor can help with include time management, study skills, and deciding on a major.

Counseling Center:  Professional, confidential solution-focused counseling & referral services are available at no charge to our students. In situations in which our licensed counselor cannot assist you, appropriate resources for you will be located.